Hosted Direct mdEmail® Version 3.0 is the simple choice for small practices, individual providers, government agencies, insurance companies and other healthcare organizations that want to exchange structured or unstructured data with Organizations utilizing Certified Electronic Healthcare Information Technology. As a standalone solution, Hosted Direct mdEmail® can be used by any person or organization that needs to coordinate care without requiring an EHR, HIT application, or a dedicated mail server investment.
For ambulatory EHR vendors requiring a compliant mail capability and pursuing certification for Meaningful Use purposes, Hosted Direct mdEmail® is 2015 ONC Certified HIT by Drummond Group for:
170.315 (d)(1): Authentication, Access Control, Authorization
170.315 (d)(2): Auditable Events and Tamper-Resistance
170.315 (d)(3): Audit Report(s)
170.315 (g)(4): Quality Management System
170.315 (g)(5): Accessibility-Centered Design
170.315 (h)(2): Direct Project, Edge Protocol, and XDR/XDM
Hosted Direct mdEmail® is 2014 ONC Certified HIT by Drummond Group and/or ICSA Labs for:
170.314 (b)(2): Transitions of care-create and transmit transition of care/referral summaries
170.314 (g)(1): Automated numerator recording
170.314 (g)(4): Quality management system
170.314 (h)(1): Optional - Transmit - Applicability Statement for Secure Health Transport
170.314 (h)(2): Optional - Transmit - Applicability Statement for Secure Health Transport and XDR/XDM for Direct Messaging
170.314 (h)(3): Optional - Transmit - SOAP Transport and Security Specification and XDR/XDM for Direct Messaging
All features of Hosted Direct mdEmail® Version 3.0 can be called through a robust suite of SOAP or RESTful APIs.
For those using a web-based solution the mail client, ID proofing, and provisioning screens can all be branded with a client’s custom logo and colors.
Though it may look and feel like regular email, Hosted Direct mdEmail® is a robust HIPAA compliant form of Health Information Exchange. Direct messaging can be accessed from any desktop, tablet or smartphone connected to the Internet, and will sync with modern email clients (Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, etc), allowing for the exchange of data via the Direct Protocol.
- Interoperable: Hosted Direct mdEmail® interoperates with 100% with of the HISPs included in Direct Trust Accredited Trust Bundle. Even if the sender and receiver are in organizations with different HISPs and running unique HIT applications, their messages will still be processed. To avoid any possibility of data blocking, MaxMD allows clients to customize their own Trust Relationships by adding unaccredited HISP’s certificates to a client’s own unique trust bundle with the completion of proper documentation.
- Litigation Hold: Organizations can designate an administrative user with the ability to turn on Litigation Hold for Direct Addresses. Audit archives are maintained for a Direct Address even after it has been deleted.
- Intuitive usage: Hosted Direct mdEmail® Version 3.0 requires little to no learning curve since it appears to behave like regular email, and most clients are already familiar with typical email user interfaces.
- Rapid implementation: MaxMD’s easy 4-step implementation checklist enables Direct accounts to be delivered in less than 24 hours. MaxMD’s customer support team can guide clients through every step of the process.
- Fully customizable: For clients who wish to reinforce their own brand MaxMD can have our Webmail client branded with client’s custom logo and colors in less than a week.
- Administrative User Interface: An administrative user can be appointed to run outgoing Direct Message reports for Meaningful Use purposes, turn on litigation holds for own Direct Addresses, and access the DirectTrust Directory Filter tool for an easy way to download and view Direct Addresses of relevant populations.
- Streamlined referral processes: Organizations without an EHR and not pursuing MU will still benefit from a HIPAA-compliant referral process that is markedly more efficient, secure and interoperable with the entire Nationwide Health Information Network – and is designed to replace unsecure fax machines.
- One-Click C-CDA Viewing: This feature allows for quick viewing and printing of standard C-CDA documents. MaxMD renders .xml data generated by EHRs in C-CDA format and presents the information as a human readable document. The user may set all C-CDA documents to be rendered in a consistent way or apply customized style sheets for different viewing purposes. Multiple style sheets are supported including a customized version of the winning style sheet from the ONC 2016 C-CDA Rendering Tool Challenge.
- Message alerts: To alert Direct users of new Direct messages, alerts can be sent to the recipient’s primary email address or even as a text message to a smart phone. This Alert Message feature can be activated or deactivated at the user level.